Friday, December 19, 2008

Times Higher Education

Not this summer but the last I worked at Van Pelt Library and every morning I was charge of collecting the periodicals that needed to be cataloged for the library. One of these magazines was Times Higher Education. Anyway, one day, I decided to look up the magazine since we got often and wanted to see what they are all about. So I looked them up online and noticed that they ranked the best universities in the world. Currently, the University of Pennsylvania is #11, but the school that I am at as I type this (University College of London) is #7. However, the school that I visited Monday (Cambridge) is #3, right behind Harvard then Yale.

Getting to the main topic of the post, Cambridge was pretty cool. I enjoyed it a lot. The previous week and up to that point (and even a little now) I was coming over a cold and pretty nasty cough. I decided to go anyway, especially since I had nothing better to do and I just finished up with classes the week before. Here are some of the pictures from the trip:

All the bikes at the train station, it definitely rivals Amsterdam for bike capital of the world.

I went Vincent, better known as Tiger. Another Penn person. Here he is here holding the nose of a bear that we found.

King's College.

The inside.

Trinity College.

Trinity College's chapel. It should be noted that every college there had its own chapel. Trinity College is where Newton did his thing.

Cambridge was a pretty quant town.

Well those were the pictures from my Cambridge trip. I hoped you enjoyed. Coming up next: Paris, Round 2.

No comments: