Sunday, January 4, 2009

Chillin’ in London

On the train back from Paris, I made a calendar of my last few days in the ancient city. With things ranging from things that I have done multiple times to things that I have never seen, the last few days were a time of reflection of my time in London and on the city itself.

I went back to my my favourite eateries (Double Js) and pubs (Fitzroy Tavern) and the best market of them all (Borough Market). I even finished up my Xmas shopping there getting things for my cousins and other family members. Although I thought I was going to be there by myself for three or so days, I was wrong. Dale got back from his ski trip in the Italian Alps and a few other people got back from their trips through Europe.

On our last Saturday in London, we all went out one more time, first to a proper Indian restaurant then the local pub hangout (the court). Event though I ate too much ate the restaurant to only have two pints, I enjoyed the last few hours of socializing in a pub. It was a fun day and night.

The last two days consisted of packing, walking and going to museums one more time. It was a time of reflection for me taking in everything I could before I went home.

No comments: