Sunday, October 19, 2008

Big Guns and Chocolate Mountains

I guess traveling for one weekend isn't so bad after all. This past weekend (Wednesday afternoon til now) was pretty exciting for the most part. I went to the Imperial War Museum and Brick Lane Friday and Saturday I went to Borough Market, Trafalgar Square and Covent Gardens. Here are some of the pictures from the weekend:

Here is me standing in front of the Imperial War Museum. These are two guns from what I am guessing is a pretty big boat.

Here is Mike and I standing with a piece of ammo for one of the big guns from above. Notice how its about the size of me.

Inside they had airplanes, tanks and rockets. It was really cool and amazing. And for the guys who went our testosterone was flowing to say the least.

Here is Sami in the Submarine section of the Museum. She had a pretty good time hanging out with the boys that day I think. Oh, there were four of us who went, Me, Sami, Mike and Dale. Dale is another Penn Student who also went with us the next day to Borough Market, while Mike sat out the market to do homework (what a sillyman).

A Luger.

Also at the Museum they had a section of the Berlin Wall.

Ironically, the WAR museum had a rose garden in front. They smelled damn good too.

Borough Market.

A mound of chocolate brownies. It was pretty awesome there too. They had so many different kinds of food, ranging from jam and oil to beer and ostrich.

Colored cauliflower.

They also had some fish and octopus.

My delicious turkey sandwich. Thanks for the recomendation Liv and Jules!

Here is a street performer at Covent Gardens. Here actually escaped from a straight jacket in under 3 minutes and 30 seconds.

A big lion from Trafalgar Square.

The back side of the statue of Charles I with Big Ben in the background.

Nelson's column with a typical London sky.

1 comment:

JCap said...

Glad to be of service! Those are the brownies that I adore too! Am loving living vicariously through you.