Sunday, September 28, 2008

Portobello Road Market

Yesterday, another great London day, we decided to check out another market. This one up in Notting Hill, a few tube stops west of where we live in a very wealthy neighborhood of the city. The houses were huge and in great condition. I could see why they would base a film entirely on this neighborhood. The market was packed and full of stands beneath brightly colored houses.

The first few blocks of the market were primarily only antique, jewerly and vintage stores but further down there were also food stands. The food looked soo good that I decided to take a picture or two:
After shopping around, I ended up picking up my first souvenir (a 1843 replica map of London) and get some food. we stopped at S&M cafe (recommended by Rachel). Here I had Sausage and Mash, another famous English food. I ended getting the No. 1 (Traditional S&M) and it looked like this:
It was great and it was also the best sausage I ever had. Not too long after that, most of us left to go home, while the others continued to shop (they were girls). Once we got back, we met up again to lay out in Regent's Park. At first the goal was to read a book, but it was too nice to do that. I just wanted to relax and take it all in.

No comments: